Monday, April 4, 2011

"Want to go on an adventure today?"

My Sunday didn't go exactly how I had planned it, but it was still awesome!  After mass and some exploration of the navy museum on base (one room next to the library, but I still had to visit it), I called Sherri and we decided to go on an adventure.  Since we were both kind of under the weather we decided to stay close and we went on a 99 Islands Cruise on the Pearl Queen.  Beautiful scenery.

A ship model in the museum on base...
The beach we would go hunting for later that day...
Sailboat!
SO BEAUTIFUL! 
Inside the Pearl Queen
Porthole photo
So close to one of the Islands...
Such a fun cruise!  On one of the lower decks now...
Sherri having fun!
In the crows nest!  (with all the kids, lol)
The line to get on the ship...
The Pearl Queen!!!

After that we visited the Oriental Bazaar at the High School on base and bought too much stuff.

Japanese swords...a big deal over here!
Chinese, no Japanese, garments.

We headed back out to the Pearl Resort area to hike some of the trails we saw from the boat and to find the beach we also saw.  So much fun...oh, how I love nature!

Back to find the beach...
Seashell!!!
Yes, people just randomly park in the middle of the street
out here.  It can be very annoying (and dangerous).
The Beach!
Ringing the bell at the shrine we found.
Dangerous steps
pretty rocks...
SHERRI!
Queen of the hill!
The pearl queen!
At another lookout...

We also checked out the shops on the wharf.

Kitty-cat!
So True!
This amused me...
Fashion store
Sasebo Burgers, lol! 
Finger Puppets!!!

Our day ended with a trip to the local tempura restaurant, a fun photo shoot in one of the Japanese photo booths (which are way cooler than ours), and a sweet treat from a local bakery.

Yummy dinner...
Tempura goodness
Inside the restaurant...
I'm going to miss all of these little places to dine!

I think this is the 1st time I've seen graffiti in Japan
Everyone has mopeds here!
Getting ready to take pictures!
SO COOL!  You got to edit them and everything! 
Strawberry shortcake on my cheap Christmas plates!

This is one of those days that I would love to experience again!  Exactly why I'm going to miss Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment