Monday, April 4, 2011

A visit from a friend...

Yes, I have friends in Japan.  And yes, I was just as surprised as you are to realize one of my friends from college lived just an hour away from my base!  Kanae was a fellow child life student at Louisiana Tech who graduated with me and then completed her child life internship at the same time as me.  She moved back to Japan just prior to the earthquake, so we planned to meet up in Japan.  Her bus was late getting into town so I explored the local Catholic church while I waited...

Giant Sasebo Burger in the Train Station
The local Catholic Church - on a hill.
Inside the church
Stained Glass
Me inside the church
It was a beautiful church!
Where everyone is supposed to store
their shoes when the get to the church.

Once Kanae arrived we enjoyed a traditional American burger at the Chili's on base (per her request).  It was yummy!

Kanae at Chili's!
My yummy burger!

Then we went and visited some beautiful look-out points in the area with Sherri and one of her friends.

Checking out the 99 Islands
Me & Kanae & some of the 99 Islands
Probably the most famous lookout in Sasebo
I can see my hotel!!!  That's the Navy Base!
Freezing on the top of a mountain! 
I love water and hills...it's depressing to think about
moving back to Louisiana after all of this!
I feel so tall around my friends here, lol!
Yes, this was in the women's bathroom,
anyone want to explain?

It was a great visit, and I get to see her in a few weeks when we both sit for our National Child Life Certification Exam in Chicago...AHHH!!!


1 comment: