Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dolphins & Cherry Blossoms - My life is pretty grand!


My Saturday was still a workday as I helped to staff a dolphin-watching trip with the SAC kiddos.  Our first stop was for lunch, and the children enjoyed searching for 4 leaf clovers!

Lots of my kids found 4-Leaf Clovers!
Searching....

The dolphin watching part was a huge success, and it was great to be so close to dolphins out in the wild.

On the boat...
Dolphins right next to the boat!!!
Watching the dolphins!
Chasing the pod of dolphins....

Only the 7 hours spent on a bus with only one movie, “Alpha & Omega,” left a lot to be desired.  In the end I used my guided imagery skills to take the children on an imaginary beach trip just so that we could stop replaying DVD previews.  It was a great day and beautiful weather (if a tad cold).

On Sunday I went on a trip to a nearby Cherry Blossom and Ceramic festival.  

Blossom & Mountain shot...

While I did see some BEAUTIFUL cherry blossom trees, most of my time was spent shopping for ceramics…and it is a good thing that I do not live over here because I would have spent a LOT more money at this festival.  I keep telling myself that I have to ship home anything I can’t fit in my suitcases.  Hum…at this point I’m thinking I’ll need a big box!  

BOWLS!
Mugs....
Unfinished ceramics.
buds!
Me & a Cherry Tree!

After I got home I let myself veg because I had been going non-stop since Monday, and I took that time to try and get caught up on my blogs and facebook photos.  Time to start my last full week of work!

No comments:

Post a Comment