Wednesday, February 23, 2011

We're going to the mall for work??? I think I could get used to this...


Saturday was also a workday (of sorts) for me, as I accompanied the teens on a shopping trip to Fukuoka, the major city on this island, which was about two hours away.  For the most part I love Japanese fashion, but because all of them are so small, shirts are often cut too short and I have the same issue with pants, so I did not end up buying any clothes on the trip. Oh, and with the yen rate not being that great the cost of everything is higher here.  But I did enjoy spending more time with the staff, and the youth, as well as exploring a different area of Japan.  

An apple tart type thing from our 1st rest stop

Canal City Shopping
I found the Disney store!!!


A fleur-de-lis ring!

Sushi for lunch...yum!

My Green Tea

There are all kinds of pigs in Japan...I took this photo for Joy

Alicia almost fell riding these...too funny!

Yes, that is a Barbie store!

Made just like my favorite scarf from Chile!
Gucci purse she scored for 3,000yen!


The pre-teen staff had a characterture made of them

Outside Canal City Mall

My dinner from a roadside stop on the way home -
the mellon bread was good, the meat pocket not so much.

The dirtiest fan I have EVER seen!
It was an exhausting (and fun) day, and I tumbled into bed soon after making it home!

1 comment: