Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One chapter ends, and another begins!

Louisiana State Captiol

Training Day 6
I am flying home to Baton Rouge today and that means the week of training is now over.  As a whole it was a huge success.  Not only did I learn a ton more about my internship (daily responsibilities, goals, life in Japan, etc.), but I am excited about the people I met.  I enjoyed the conversations I had with the other interns, and I cannot wait to hear about everyone’s individual experiences.  The National 4-H Conference Center has been a site for the creation of lasting friendships over the past six years…and I am pretty sure this Connections Conference will be no exception.

Louisiana State University

One special group of interns that deserve a shout out is my fellow Navy interns.  This training was for all Purdue interns (Air Force, Army, and Navy), but there were several break-out sessions that were branch specific, so most of us got to know our fellow branch interns better than everyone else.  I really enjoyed getting to know Emily, Lindy, Eric, & Mark….Geaux Navy!

The Navy Interns - with all of our free gifts!!!

Oh, and as for that May reunion we planned with all of the interns….that better happen!

No comments:

Post a Comment