Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Adventure Begins - In D.C. of all places!


Training Day 1

Outside of the National 4-H Conference Center
I am sitting here at the National 4-H Conference Center in D.C., waiting for my internship training to start, and I have decided that I need to write a blog about my experiences over the next few months.  Blogging is something that I have always thought about, although I have never been willing to commit the time necessary – but I think I can handle three months.  I look forward to using this not only as a way to share what I will be learning and experiencing through words, but also to share images of this experience.  Those who know me well know there is almost always a camera at my side, so I hope this obsession will help to give you a true glimpse into my life over the next few months in Sasebo, Japan!
Sam by the Louisiana Room
Prior to training I spent the weekend in Fredericksburg, VA with one of my college roommates, Sam.  Sam graduated from Louisiana Tech University with me in May and is also employed by the Navy – but as an electrical engineer (a slightly different pay scale).  She dropped me off at the conference center so I took some pictures while exploring the center with her. 
My home for the week!



The Conference Center Game Room
Also, if you have questions about my internship, military life, living in Japan, cultural differences, etc., let me know.  I will be constantly learning first hand through this experience, but I would love to be able to answer the questions you have (and I am sure that each of you, if anyone reads this, will be able to help me grow through those questions).  Off to start my training.  I cannot wait to meet the people in charge that I have only communicated with via phone and e-mails, see old friends who will also be along for the ride, and meet all of the Spring 2011 interns that I hope to soon count among my friends!
Connections Conference Binders!

1 comment: